Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'd see this WATCHMEN movie



The WATCHMAN is definitely in my top ten of favorite books. I read it in high school and it just blew me away. I revisited it again a couple of years ago and I was afraid it wouldn't hold up, but you know what - it did. But regardless, I don't think I'll see the new movie because there's just no way it could compare to my imaginations interpretation. Plus, the director, Zack Snyder is a hit or miss director. The Dawn of the Dead remake was flawless but "300" was a boring snooze fest, with a souless narrative and too much slow-mo. And the trailers for WATCHMEN, kind of hint that Zack Snyder is again got his finger stuck on the slo-mo effect button. And I don't know if it's just me but I get an empty feeling about the whole thing. Maybe, I'm wrong, and it does seem to be that people who haven't read the book enjoy the movie more than those who did. But I would watch this animated WATCHMEN movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment